Monday, October 2, 2017

Long time no post!

It has been a while since I updated my blog. I have worked on several projects over the months, but my work and event schedule kept me from updating the blog as much as I would like to. I am just starting to catch up now and hope to have at least a few things up in the next week or so. So for a quick update here are two projects I worked on since my last update.

Painted leather badge:

Full disclosure. I did not tool this piece. It was tooled for a friend (Laird Coinneach Mac an Leigh, CS) by a person who left the SCA (Athyric Pennywise). Sadly it was never painted by the original artist and I was asked if I could paint the piece so it could see new life. Normally I don't work on other people projects, but given the circumstances I made an exception here. Tooled and painted leather. I believe it will ultimately be attached to a rapier sword belt.



Leather half gauntlets:

This was a quick build. My Lady Thalia and my good friend Lord Chebe recently authorized as SCA heavy siege crew. To accomplish this task they needed better hand protection. I built two pairs of leather half gauntlets (wrist and hand protection) for them. They are designed to slip over gloves of choice and are intended for low-profile light hand protection. Not intended for full heavy combat, but perfect for combat archery and siege. There are some technical skills issues with these (cosmetics on the rivet setting) because I built them in two hours one afternoon in time for Pennsic. The empty holes on the back of the hand pieces are for laces that go around the palm and hold the gauntlet in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment