Monday, June 11, 2018

Far too long - A quick update!

It has been far too long since I updated this blog. Life (both actual and Society) has kept me busy. I have worked on the odd non-creative project, but never found time to update the blog. I plan to improve on my productivity (project wise), but we will see what happens. I did manage to squeak out a project at the request of Edward Harbinger, completed for the The Scarlet Guard Inn archery festival at the Shire of Hornwood. A simple leather archery arm guard. Tooled and painted leather. Sorry for the quick photo. I finished the project just before leaving for the event and snapped a shot before getting in the car. The leather is dyed Ox blood, but looks darker in the photo. I had a little issue with the dye bleeding into the white paint. I forgot to seal the leather before painting and that caused the dye (Ox blood is a pain) to bleed into the white a bit. Not a huge issue, but the white was not as smooth as I can normally achieve. I was happy with the final project given the time I allowed by self to work on it (no I totally didn't wait until the minute).


No comments:

Post a Comment